Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

It is Ash Wednesday. For some reason, that makes me feel good...

You would think a time that causes one to examine their faults would be a sorrowful, or discouraging time. Yet, I enjoy Ash Wednesday.

I like seeing the dark purple and praying for God's grace...

I savor the aroma of the incense wafting, smoldering, as I kneel before my Maker and express my sorrow to Him...

I enjoy sealing people's foreheads with the sign of cross with ash, made from the palm leaves of last year's jubilant Palm Sunday celebration...

I appreciate feeling the cool ashes applied to my own forehead, receiving the sign of forgiveness and blessing...

I love knowing God loves me...that overwhelms me...

That is why, on this most solemn of days, I feel good...

No comments:

Post a Comment